Postdoctoral Fellow – Ocular Gene Therapy Program
Dr. Ian MacDonald’s Ocular Gene Therapy Program is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Fellow to undertake a project based on viral gene therapy for ocular diseases. Our group is interested in application of Lentiviral and Adeno-associated viral vectors (AAV) for the treatment of degenerative eye diseases such as Choroideremia, Stargardt disease and AMD. We have several animal models of degenerative eye diseases which will be characterized before and after treatment.
- A Ph.D. in gene therapy and viral vectors and relevant publications in peer reviewed journals;
- The ideal candidate will have experience with different gene therapy approaches, viral vectors, vector production, titration, FACS analyses, cell culture, molecular biology, animal models, cloning and subcloning techniques, q-PCR, evaluation of gene expression, protein purification, enzyme assays, western blotting, histology, imaging (light and confocal microscopy). Experience with stem cell therapy would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and organization skills.
Completed applications must include the following:
- A one page cover letter;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Contact details for three professional referees.
To apply please email complete applications to:
CRIO Ocular Gene Therapy Program
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
Ophthalmology Research Office, 7-030 KATZ
University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1
Ph: (780) 492-3013